Our relationship with Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity’s (GOSH Charity) is incredibly special to us.
Every day brings new challenges at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). The hospital receives more than 300,000 patient visits every year and is one of the top three children’s research hospitals in the world.
Every day, 619 children and young people from across the UK arrive. Every day, doctors and nurses battle the most complex illnesses, and the brightest minds come together to achieve pioneering medical breakthroughs.
This extraordinary hospital has always depended on charitable support to give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfil their potential.
Through our partnership with the charity, we are helping to support their key funding areas:
- Highly specialist equipment
- Groundbreaking research
- The hospital’s major redevelopment
- Child and family services including Parent Accommodation and the Play Team.
You buy, we donate
Established in 2016, our charitable partnership has helped to raise more than £250,000. Since June 2016, for every GOSH Charity branded uni-ball Eye twin black ink or triple black ink pack sold, we have donated 20p plus VAT to the charity. We have recently launched a 12-piece POSCA Paint Marker pack where we will donate £1 to GOSH Charity for everyone purchased.
The Play Team
Much of the money raised through the sale of our pens go towards supporting the hospital’s dedicated Play Team. The team are dedicated to bringing fun into the hospital and making life as normal as possible for the children who need to be there.
The Play Team provide vital support to families, helping children prepare for procedures, providing distraction and bringing fun and smiles where they can. The team work to develop innovative strategies to make the child’s experience of hospital as stress-free as possible, helping them find a way to cope and ensuring they don’t miss out on being children.
Going the extra mile
- As well as donating money to the charity we offer our time and resources too in the following ways:
- Our ambassadors visit the hospital to work directly with the patients.
- We volunteer at the GOSH Charity Christmas patient party.
- We regularly donate our range of writing and arts and crafts pens for staff and patients to use and enjoy. POSCA pens have even been used to decorate some of the wards!